* E-file. It’s secure, convenient and you’ll receive confirmation when the IRS has processed your return.
* For the fastest refund, e-file and choose direct deposit.
* Before filing, double check Social Security numbers, bank account numbers,
and spelling of names. Misspelled and wrongly typed numbers and names are among
the most common mistakes made on returns.
* File and pay by the April 15, 2013 deadline to avoid IRS penalties and interest. If you file for a 6-month automatic extension, remember any balance is still due by April 15.
* Don’t procrastinate. Rushing can lead to costly mistakes.
More tax tips and information can be found at www.irs.gov.
To do your federal taxes free with TaxACT Free Federal Edition, visit www.taxact.com.
(taken from: sfgate.com)